Coping with the pandemic:In America, 56% of children aged 12-17 years got their first dose of vaccine, Biden government’s big preparation after school opens
In America, the delta variant of the coronavirus is showing fatal effects. But after the opening of schools and other public places, the Biden government has also waged a war-footing campaign to provide children with a protective shield from the epidemic. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 56 percent of children aged 12 to 17 years in the US have received the first dose of the vaccine while 45 percent of children have received the second dose.
The government has also launched an awareness campaign to remove the hesitation among parents about getting their children vaccinated. The US was the first country in the world to approve a vaccine for children. In May, vaccines began to be given to children over the age of 12. On the other hand, 675722 people have died due to corona in America so far. The 1918 flu caused 675,000 deaths in America.
Vaccine hesitancy among some parents:
According to the survey Kaiser Family Survey, about 20 percent of parents in the age group of 12 to 17 years are also hesitant to vaccinate their children. Rene of Texas says that she wants to see the children live the normal life of pre-corona but children are at risk of side effects.
Data for children aged 6 months to 5 years
Pfizer says that data on its vaccine for children aged 6 months to 5 years will be out soon. Pfizer CEO Albert Boria says the tests have yielded positive results. Hopefully, the final results of the test will be even better.
Immunity increases in children aged 5 to 11 years
According to Pfizer, its vaccine has been effective in immunity against Karena in children up to 5-11 years of age. More than 66 percent development of resistance has been seen in children after the vaccine. The company will soon apply to the drug regulator for approval to use the vaccine.
The protective shield of vaccines for children in different countries
- UK: Recommendation of at least one dose of Pfizer vaccine for children 12 to 15 years of age.
- Denmark: Almost all children 12 to 15 years old have received a single dose of the vaccine.
- Spain: Almost all children 12 to 19 years old have received a single dose of the vaccine.
- France: 66% of children aged 12 to 17 years have received one dose, 52% of children have received both doses.
- Germany: Children between 12 and 15 years were allowed to be vaccinated in June.
- Sweden: Vaccines for children aged 12 to 15 with lung disease and asthma.
- Norway: A single dose is allowed for children 12 to 15 years of age.
- Canada: Vaccine doses for children over 12 years of age at 21-day intervals.
- China: Vaccines for children aged 3-17 years from June. Only the children of the parents who got both the doses are allowed to enter the school.
Possible vaccines for children in India from next month
According to the data of UNICEF, the population of children in India is about 250 million. According to the latest national serosurvey, about 60 percent of the child population is vulnerable to infection. Drugs regulator DCGI has approved the Xycov-D vaccine of the indigenous Cadila company. This vaccine can be administered to children above the age of 12 years. There is a possibility that the vaccination campaign of children can be started in India from next month.